For the last several weeks, I've been hard at work redesigning my new bedroom. It's been quite a process. After sleeping on an air mattress the first week and living without any furniture for the next two, I am proud to say that my bedroom is now complete! It's no Extreme Makeover, but I'm quite proud of the transformation that came from these two tiny hands.
- paint room-- color: Benjamin Moore Excalibur Gray 2118
- took down wall shelves
- assembled furniture (headboard, bookcase, dresser all assembled by yours truly. thank you college degree.)
- hung curtains
- hung up mirror, picture frames, wall hooks
- IKEA mattress
- Target headboard, dresser, bookcase, curtains (Target has such AMAZING shipping! I may write them a thank you letter.)
- Martha Steward duvet cover
- Martha Stewart quilt
- pillow cases (white: Martha Stewart, purple: Hotel Collection)
- I ♥ Martha Stewart
- IKEA mirror
- posters/pictures (all from art.com) & frames (Target and IKEA)
and with a little pixie dust... Voila!
So what'd ya think?! Here, I'll take y'all on a little tour...
I think my taste is rather simple and minimalist. So while I may eventually hang a couple more pictures or add a vase of flowers, for the most part I'd say my new room is quite cozy enough for me. And for a month's span of time, I'm pretty darn happy! This bedroom makeover certainly had its highs and lows, but as I lie on my comfy bed finishing up this post, I realize New York City is slowly starting to feel (and look) like home...